Rainforest Discovery Centre Reopens!
The news you've all been waiting for - In line with State Government's easing of COVID-19 restrictions, Mary Cairncross Rainforest Discovery Centre will be reopening its iconic red cedar and rosewood doors on Friday 12 June.
Under current guidelines, the Rainforest Discovery Centre will have a maximum visitor capacity of 20 and visitors are kindly requested to adhere to social distancing and personal hygiene requirements.
From Friday June 12 the following facilities will be open:
- Rainforest Discovery Centre*: Mon-Fri 10am-2pm
- Glass House Mountain Viewing Deck- Mon-Fri 10am-2pm
- Mountain View Café: usual hours (limited seating)
- Rainforest walks: 7am – 6pm daily
- Playground: 7am – 6pm daily
*When Discovery Centre is closed, the rainforest walk can still be accessed through the gate at the rear of Discovery Centre. The BBQs will remain closed until further notice.
Please remember COVID-19 hygiene is everyone’s responsibility. Help ensure public safety by:
- Maintaining social distancing (1.5m from other people);
- Disinfecting hands before entering;
- Avoiding touching displays and equipment;
- Kindly respecting crowd size limits – come back later if limits have been reached; and
- Staying home if you are unwell.
We look forward to welcoming you all back and thank you for your cooperation.