Our world-class Rainforest Discovery Centre is your gateway to Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve. Currently open from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm.
This $4.7million facility was officially opened on 27 February 2017 by the Governor of Queensland, His Excellency the Honourable Paul de Jersey AC.
Entry by gold coin donation.
Visitors will enjoy:
- Our dynamic interpretation space offering multi-sensory learning experiences. Ever-changing thematic displays invite you to discover the rainforest on your own, or talk with a friendly volunteer.
- A higher perspective of the breath-taking, heritage listed Glasshouse Mountains from the Viewing Deck
- The Mountain View Café featuring spectacular views with indoor and outdoor seating
- Elevated Glider Gallery Boardwalk (150m). This all-ability walk showcases the rainforest mid-storey
- Open-space park with barbecues, picnic shelters and plenty of room for kids to play
- Playground suitable for children 12yrs and under
- Outdoor classroom area designed for presentations and workshops
- The Cairncross theatrette showcasing environmental exhibitions, film and photography
Our reserve brochure highlights the facilities and attractions on offer. (Please be aware, due to COVID-19 regulations, opening hours may vary from those on the brochure.)
You will come across plenty of the animals in the reserve. We recommend not to get too close as this may provoke them. Feeding animals in the reserve is also not allowed.
Want to know more how can you help protect our forest? View more