Our world-class Rainforest Discovery Centre is your gateway to Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve. Visitors of all ages will enjoy exploring the multi-sensory, interactive educational displays.
Visitors will enjoy:
- Our dynamic interpretation space offering multi-sensory learning experiences. Ever-changing thematic displays invite you to discover the rainforest on your own, or talk with a friendly volunteer.
- A higher perspective of the breath-taking, heritage listed Glasshouse Mountains from the Viewing Deck
- The Mountain View Café featuring spectacular views with indoor and outdoor seating
- Elevated Glider Gallery Boardwalk (150m). This all-ability walk showcases the rainforest mid-storey
- Open-space park with barbecues, picnic shelters and plenty of room for kids to play
- Playground suitable for children 12yrs and under
- Outdoor classroom area designed for presentations and workshops
- The Cairncross theatrette showcasing environmental exhibitions, film and photography
Our reserve brochure[948KB] highlights the facilities and attractions on offer. (Please be aware current opening hours may vary from those on the brochure.)
Open from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm. Entry by gold coin donation (eftpos facility available).
Planning to visit with a group?
Over 600 people visit the reserve daily. Groups must book ahead so that visitors have the best rainforest discovery experience.
Come and check out the forest teams that allow the Mary Cairncross rainforest to thrive.