Our world-class Rainforest Discovery Centre is your gateway to Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve. Visitors of all ages will enjoy exploring the multi-sensory, interactive educational displays.
Visitors will enjoy:
- Our dynamic interpretation space offering multi-sensory learning experiences. Ever-changing thematic displays invite you to discover the rainforest on your own, or talk with a friendly volunteer.
- A higher perspective of the breath-taking, heritage listed Glasshouse Mountains from the Viewing Deck
- The Mountain View Café featuring spectacular views with indoor and outdoor seating
- Elevated Glider Gallery Boardwalk (150m). This all-ability walk showcases the rainforest mid-storey
- Open-space park with barbecues, picnic shelters and plenty of room for kids to play
- Playground suitable for children 12yrs and under
- Outdoor classroom area designed for presentations and workshops
- The Cairncross theatrette showcasing environmental exhibitions, film and photography
Our reserve brochure[948KB] highlights the facilities and attractions on offer. (Please be aware current opening hours may vary from those on the brochure.)
Open from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm. Entry by gold coin donation (eftpos facility available).
Planning to visit with a group?